Bright Green Gaijin Pants

I'm in Japan! How now, brown cow?

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Eggs!

My life revolves around eggs at the moment, it seems. While that's an eggxageration, lots going on with eggs.

I got some eggs a few days ago from the convenience store. They're tasty, they're cheap, they satisfy my need for protein, and I don't have to walk 20 minutes to get to a store that sells them (unlike sausages, chicken, and other meats). I got home, was taking my shoes off, and dropped the carton. :'( One egg was completely FUBAR. Four were fully intact (if needing to have egg yolk cleaned off of them) and five were cracked. So I decided to scramble the cracked ones. I have since found that having a container of eggs pre-scrambled in the fridge is very convenient, as eggs mix right into rice really, really well. I'm loving it.

And yes, a full carton of eggs in Japan has ten eggs. You can also buy by the half-dozen, but a carton of eggs is ten here.

Other egg news has to do with FFXI's easter event. You talk to the moogle once per game day and get a letter egg. Certain letter combinations get you certain special items. There are huge crowds around the festival moogles, and eggs are easily going 10-30k gil a pop. It's insane. I wonder, sometimes, if I am the only person willing to talk to moogles at random and trade other people for eggs... since we DO have TWO WEEKS before the event moogles go home to whatever rock they hide under when not on the job. But anyway.

School starts up again on monday, and I haven't heard ANYTHING about registering for classes. :S I am gonna pop into the school later today and check out the international students room and see if there is anything posted. Sayaka doesn't know anything about what I need to do, either. This is mildly disturbing. But then, I actually got here on like the second day of classes for last semester, so... whatever, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home