Bright Green Gaijin Pants

I'm in Japan! How now, brown cow?

Monday, April 03, 2006

-_-

So I wake up this morning and look at the window, and I'm all like, "Yay! It's sunny. Perfect, since I have errands to run." Get up, get dressed, etc, and open the curtains to discover that it is a delightfully bright day with asstons (yes, asstons, after there was almost NONE for the past two days) of snow on the ground, with more falling and wind blowing.

Naturally, these errands are ones I can't put off, being financial in nature. So... I grabbed my umbrella, the form I need for one errand, and my trash, and headed out. Lo! lots of snow drifts, thanks to the wind. The stairs from my floor to the ground were completely drifted over, which meant I was trying to carry a folder, a bag of trash, and an umbrella while holding a handrail and trying not to fall on my ass.

I survived that, got the trash in the trash shed, and headed for school. I had to walk in the road at points, because of drifts covering the sidewalk. Then I got to a point where I had to face it -- too many cars to walk in the road, so my feet were gonna just have to get wet. I plunged through snow drifts, fighting the wind with my umbrella and hoping it wouldn't break (since this is the first use of this umbrella since buying it), get to the school... and the guy I need to talk to had just gone to lunch.

...

Here I am at home, planning to just do both errands later. I'm gonna put that folder in my bookbag, though, because I need both hands to fight the wind with my umbrella.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, once I publish this post, I am changing the blog name to something more creative. Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home