Bright Green Gaijin Pants

I'm in Japan! How now, brown cow?

Saturday, April 22, 2006

8000 Yen

Yesterday I went to the Friday Gaiken meeting. Found out at that time that the fourth years were having a party to welcome Lina (the "Japanese evil twin" of mine I mentioned some time ago) back from Australia. Being a fellow fourth year, they invited me along and I went.

It was a great deal of fun. I actually got a decent amount of conversing in (a feat I wouldn't have been able to accomplish not too long ago). Eventually, I ended up also having conversations in English to help the studiers of English with their English conversation skills. There were a number of mixed-language conversations, too, some of which turned out really funny.

The main joke of the evening was that Katuu's rug had cost 8000 yen, so if anyone spilled anything on it, they would have to pay for the rug. Naturally, this turned into a chorus of "8000 yen! 8000 yen!" any time any minor spill happened anywhere.

Good stuff. Good times. And the more drunk Lina gets, the more English she speaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home